Monday, May 11, 2009

Tender Moment

I don't know why I keep thinking about home this few weeks. It was only less than 2 months since the last time I went back. In fact, I have been back 3 times since last January. Maybe because those times when I went home, it was full of missions to be completed, and I did not have the time to really sit down quietly and catch up with my parents, and just enjoying our home sweet home.

I keep thinking about my parents and how they seems to be shrinking in size, and my mother's eyes become shrunken deeper and deeper. That was not how I use to remember my mom. In my mind, she always has been larger in life, acted like a commandant barking orders at her grandchildrens, full of energy and always have something to do working out with her hands. At the age of 66 and trying to catch up with surrounding, she now knows the meaning of Mother's Day. Had wanted to call her (yes, she has her own hands-me-down handphone since last year), but I couldn't. My big guess is that she would be somewhere in the farm doing whatever she needed to do together with my father. Our advice of asking them to stop going to the farm fell on deaf ears. Always giving the same excuse.. "We have nothing else to do"..

I wish that I can be near them. That I can go back anytime I want whenever I miss them. Then again people say, distance make the heart grow fonder...

I wish them long life and health, because I still want to see them again, and let them witnessed how their daughter trying very hard never to let them down, and become a person who they always have intended me to be.

8 comments:

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Your mum is 66? Oh yes. All of us hope that our moms are still younger.

amieyalen said...

Home sweet home no matter how worst the home is.... I love staying at home.... And that, I wish I would not go far to further studies... I'll be very homesick then... :D

Nimi Momo said...

Willie : :(

Amiey : being away for the first time was always the hardest part.

nur enjel said...

yours 66 really? Mine is 79-80... my tendency to cry is high if i talk or even type about her...my late father left more than 2 years ago

* air mata i dah nak gugok ..hehe*

Nimi Momo said...

oo nur enjel, me too.. always feel tender hearted whenever I think of my parents.. :(

suituapui said...

Maybe because you keep going to my blog and see all the Sarawak delicacies...and that makes you homesick? LOL!!! Let them be! If they can still work, it is best that they stay active. Otherwise, they will start wasting away...

Nimi Momo said...

haha.. not exactly.. am not so familiar with Sibu food, but Im a food lover nevertheless.

Its ok for them to go to the farm at their age now, but maybe it's just our natural feeling. when I was younger, I used to promise to myself that they will not going to work as hard when I am older. But now that I AM older, they just couldn't stop. It still makes me feel guilty that I did not do enough for them.. :(

Cyril said...

when i read this, it reminds me of my aging parents and aging grandparent...

huk..hukk.. hukk....

i wish I could do more for them.

 
Blog Makeover by Jean Chia | Doggie Illustration by Dapino, Edited by Jean Chia