Thursday, January 15, 2009

Idol Vs MyStarz

The most American Idol season that I religiously followed was Americal Idol 3 where Fantasia Barrino won with style. Since then, I don't have any connection with Astro, so I stop following the rest of the seasons, except the most recent season featuring David Cook and Archuletta. Of course I voted for the latter. I truly believe that he can go very far with a voice as distinct as that.

For Season 8, I have only managed to see one episode, but one contestant really caught my attention, and I have a feeling that he might be able to even win the competition.

It's Scott MacIntyre.


And he is legally blind.

Since it was mentioned during his interview, I had prepared myself not to be biased with him because of his condition. When it was his turn to sing, I closed my eyes and used my hearing sense to judge him. And boy, he can sing soooo beautifully. Listening to his voice evoked so much emotion I was so moved by it. He is a bit like Josh Groban, but a much softer version. He said that he compensated his lack of vision by training himself to listen to music and melody, and he did very very well. Maybe you think that I am exaggerating, but that's ok. Just.. watch out for him :)

Not forgetting our very own Sarawak local singer (my kampung :D ) a Bidayuh girl name Cassandra Daniel Manja or better known as Cassie who are in still in the running for our local reality TV show, Mystarz LG II. Another Bidayuh girl, Fiona John Nolly or Fiona has been kicked out last week which I believe caused by her weak performance. So now we are left with Cassie, and I hope we can give huge support to her by watching the live show in TV3 and vote for her.

Hidup Sarawakian!!

8 comments:

Coffee Girl said...

Kuat juak semangat Sarawak u tok dayung. Hehe. I dont follow Mystarz so i dont know but i hope they sing better than they look. It helps.

I've missed AI last night and 2 nights ago. :-( Working. I'll catch up with the replay version jak, tedah.

Nimi Momo said...

ai mesti dayung! kalau bukan kita sendirik sokong, siapa lagi kuikui!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hidup Bidayuh! Although i have never seen that show due to lack of interest. Hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Watched AF3, but since Mawi came in.. I stopped...

AI?? Emm.. its fun, but I got tired of it..

Only into TV series nowadays...

Nimi Momo said...

Willie:
Now is the time! Hidup Bidayuh! :D

cdason:
AF3? Mawi? same here bro.. *booo* AF!

Tia said...

sama kita...
i'm eyeing for this Scott also to meke it to the top 12...

Coffee Girl said...

You know dayung, when I googled Scott out of curiosity, i got a delightful surprise! The entire siblings (4 or 5 of them) are all wonderful singers. He has a younger sister who's blind as well, but can sing sooo well, and the brother Todd sounds just like Josh Groban! (Todd didnt audition but he shdve too).

Try youtube, you'd be surprised!

Haha

Nimi Momo said...

mama belian n cengal :
High Five!!

One Other :
Well well well.. MacIntyres in da house!! *giggle*

 
Blog Makeover by Jean Chia | Doggie Illustration by Dapino, Edited by Jean Chia